I’ve started to work on the updates to the missions I’ve been hinting at for a while. I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to do in the first place! The current code for missions has a lot of switch/ enum/ hard coded things, that has been something I’ve been trying to remove or simply not do in the first place, yet the missions functionality has been in place for a long time, with little change.
Here’s a brief description of what my plan is for customization for missions.
- End City- Can specify the city issuing mission, or some kind of criteria for selecting a city.
- Reward- How much is the reward? May depend on distance and hold type used, and likely the amount of time it took to complete the mission.
- Completion Criteria- What set of criteria must be done for the mission to be considered a success?
- Accept Criteria- What criteria must be met to be able to accept the mission? This is beyond having the room to accept the cargo.
- On Accept Action- What will happen when a mission is accepted (May take people or cargo from a city)
- On Complete Action- Aside from the reward, what other actions will be done upon completion
- Failure Criteria- What criteria determines failures?
- On Failure Action- What will happen upon the failure of a mission?
- Cargo Size- What size of cargo is required?
- Label- What is the visible to user label?
I’m still trying to work on exactly what this will end up being, but this should be a decent blueprint.
I’m really hoping to have more time to work on Colonial Sea Trader this week compared to previous weeks. That being the case, I’m quite hopeful I’ll have a working prototype of the new missions function, along with some of the UI changes required to support it. Stay tuned for more!
If you haven’t yet, feel free to like me on Facebook, join my Google Group, subscribe to my Sub Reddit, or follow me on Twitter, where you are likely to get frequent updates! You can also subscribe to the Old Ham Media YouTube Channel, where I post frequent videos showing the progress of gameplay and more! Finally, follow me on Twitch, and help me develop games!